Thursday, September 7, 2017

More fun in Ohio

August 27  28
Berlin, Ohio

Hey, I recognize this place.  We have been here before.  And I recognize Ruthie and AJ.  They were camping here when we were camped here last year, but our sites were much closer together last year.  Imagine that, we are a month later than last year and we still managed to be here the same time.  They love the area as much as we do.

Not only do they provide fire rings for each site at Scenic Hills RV, they have free campfire wood.  An arrangement has been made with a local woodshop who drop off their end cuts. Sure makes a nice fire!
Poor Dad about had a heart attack when he was wandering around Keim's Lumber.
He had sticker shock at the $1500 price tag for this piece of wood....and then he saw


a $3000 price tag.
They always say measure twice, cut once.  In this case, I think you might even want to measure more than just twice!!

I wonder how much cheese I'll get to sample?  Dad and Momma got to sample enough different flavors to make a meal!  Then they went across the street and enjoyed more samples at the bakery.  I think I need to be a service dog who needs to test every bite before it is ingested.  Now that would be one terrific job and I'd be GREAT at it!!

I have to admit, I ALMOST got to sample the marble rye when the bread basket was on the floor on moving day, but Momma is getting too alert for me or I'm losing my stealth mode technique.  I was sooo close to a special treat.

This area is known as an Amish Area.  I think they need wider countryside roads.  There are so many hills that it is hard to pass the buggies because you have limited line of sight.  I sure feel sorry for those horses tugging those buggies up the hills.  It really makes me appreciate my luxurious back seat that I can stretch out in while we zip down the road.  I'm glad I wasn't born as a horse.

Hickory
.....on the road again

No comments:

Post a Comment