Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Now this is a RESORT

Well, we sailed....oops....poor word choice there.....it really wasn't too windy.....we crawled across the 5 mile suspension bridge...due to construction and only one lane open each direction and have left the UP (Upper Peninsula).  Dad paid our $8 to cross....that's $2 an axle.  Mom gave me cookie bones to assure I wouldn't bark at the ticket booth.  Now figure this one out.  I only got 4...four....cookie bones.  That's only $1 a leg.  Hmmmm.  I think I should at least qualify for 2 cookie bones a leg don't you?  Especially since I didn't bark at all.
We are in Hillman, Michigan with lush, green, soft, just meant for rolling in grass.  Yep, honest to goodness, marvelous thick grass.  Thunderbay Golf and RV Resort is really a resort.  I mean paved site with cable, wi-fi that really works, 50 amp full hook up and friendly neighbors. And the biggie....NO MOSQUITOES!!   Dad is smiling as we are staying at 50% off with our Passport America card. 
They also have an elk farm here and you can reserve an evening 5 course dinner at the lodge after taking a carriage ride to view the elk and take pictures.  Mom, Dad, Carolyn and Jerry tried out the club house for a late lunch upon arrival and they all said the neighbor who told them they should give it a try gave them a great recommendation.  They have a fantastic chef in the kitchen.   I guess that is why all the reviews for the Elk Viewing and Dinner Evening rave about the good food....no it's not elk....pork is served.  Maybe we'll have to come back one day when we want an expensive night out.  ($89 per person)
They even let us wash our rig here so we are sparkling once again.  With hard water, Momma had to go behind Dad with the squeegee and towel to avoid water spots.  I just rolled and rolled in the grass.  aaahhhh   Hey, I think you might have missed a spot Dad.....to your right.
Hickory

No comments:

Post a Comment