Saturday, September 12, 2015

Bikes galore but none to ride

I told Momma and Dad that they had better stock up on dog food or I was going to refuse any more guard duty for the rig.  They decided to head for Ashland, Va as it had a Walmart where they were sure they could grab a BIG bag of my favorite blend.
Well, when they got back, Momma was trying to distract me with all these pictures of bicycles.  I don't know what the big deal was.  You couldn't pedal or ride any of them.  See for yourself...



 There is a cycle event coming up in nearby Richmond, so the town got into the spirit of the event.
You could however ride the train that travels on the tracks right through the middle of Ashland. 


The old train station is now the Visitor's Center and doesn't even sell tickets.  But if you wait outside the building, the train will stop and pick you up.
And then, out the corner of my eye, I caught Dad coming in with my BIG bag of dogfood.   What?? That's not a big bag.  That tiny bag may last a week if they skimp.  No wonder Momma was trying to distract me with colorful bike pics.  They had better leave dog food on the shopping list. 
Hickory

No comments:

Post a Comment