Thursday, September 3, 2015

Well, I've been following Momma and Dad back and forth and back and forth from the house to the 5er all week and FINALLY we hooked up this morning and headed north.  Dad said that he needs to get me a saddlebag so I can carry my own stuff.
We headed out about 9 am with Dad behind the wheel.  By the time we crossed the Georgia State Line, Momma was behind the wheel.  I'll take a turn at the wheel.  I've seen pictures of my furry friend Penny behind the wheel.
 We didn't experience any of the effects of Erika at home, but it seems Georgia did.  When we pulled up to our site, we decided it would be in our best interest to ask for another site...a little bit drier site....

There were lots of empty sites available.  
When Momma and I were out on our walk, we chatted (okay, so Momma chatted and I listened) to a gal who said that they had a really hard rain last night.  I think it was a good idea as we had a little more rain this evening adding to still standing puddles.  I have to tell you, the rain didn't even come close to the dynamics of the flashes and booms that roared out of the sky.   
We picked up a few hitch-hikers on the road...of the love bug variety.  
One of the first tasks was to clean our nose....well, the Open Range nose....and that is when Dad discovered the first thing we forgot to pack.  He went to reach for the car wash bottle of soap and ......ooops....left it home.  Not to fear, there was a Walmart down the road.

Dad won one of those hoses that grows when it fills with water at the Coming Home Rally.  He has sure put it to good use.  It packs up small but it does a dynamic job when called upon.

As day 1 draws to an end, I'm happy to say....we're on the road again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment