Saturday, September 26, 2015

I think I have earned 'Professional Ranking"

Well, I have to admit, I'm ALMOST ready to go professional......I mean I'm really getting pretty good at self serve, help myself....even when I'm not invited.  Is there a special degree that can be earned for being a professional food thief?
My last encounter was so quick and efficient, I would have gotten away scott free if it weren't for the fact that Momma can count.  You see, Momma had made twice baked potatoes before we left home and had brought them along in our freezer.  Notice I said 'OUR' freezer!  She had taken 4 out for dinner.  They were still just a tad solid in the middle so she had them setting on the counter in a dish.  I didn't even disrupt the position of the dish when I snagged one...and boy did I have to be quick.  Momma had just stepped outside for a minute to help Dad set up the grill.  I had every morsel devoured before her feet hit the first step when she returned.  Those twice baked potatoes are to die for.  I mean they were so good I was ready to risk my life, not that anyone would ever lay a hand on me.  Oh yeah, they get loud and scold me but.....hey, in one ear ...... you know how it is.  By the end of dinner, all was forgiven and forgotten.
Wonder what they will entice me with tomorrow?
Hickory

No comments:

Post a Comment