Thursday, August 10, 2017

unusual night

August 9-10
Shipshewana, Indiana

It was a night like none I've never experienced.  I just couldn't believe it.  Momma said I would just spend the day with them and be back in my 'home' by nighttime.  Well, let me tell you.  That's NOT what happened.

We went back to the factory to pick up our rig and the next thing I knew, Dad was loading up the back of the truck with a few bags of items Momma had packed in a hurry.  Then we wound up in this strange smelling room with a bed, TV and a bathroom.  I had to eat my dinner right there on the floor next to the sink.  I thought that was rather strange, but I sure was hungry so I filled my belly.  

Then the scary part took place.  Momma and Dad took off and left me there all by myself.  So I explored.  Well, I located my favorite rug that is usually in my home.  I checked out my surroundings and by that time, Momma and Dad had returned with a pretzel.  Come to find out, they went to Ben's just before closing and they were selling the leftovers at a reduced rate.  Okay Momma, let's rip into that soft, big pretzel.  Ahhh!!  delicious for sure!!  Hey, can you believe it?   She actually shared her pretzel with me! This is turning out to be a REALLY different night.

Are we staying here ALL night.  Yep, and then today I got to load up in truck again and tour more of the area today.  

Now it is evening and I am FINALLY back in my 'home'.  I must admit I feel much more comfortable in my own surroundings.  And I know Momma and Dad are feeling better too because we have a new floor on our slide.  It's better than new.  

We will actually be here at this campground for over a week.  Now that is unheard of for us.  We are always 'moving on'.  But we are expecting 140 other owners of Highland Ridge/Open Range RVs to arrive by Sunday night for a week of rally activities.  Sounds like lots of gabbing, hugging and laughing in the near future.

Hickory
......on the road again





No comments:

Post a Comment