Thursday, August 3, 2017

Where's that pie?


July 25, 2017

Saskatoon, SK



Do you think you might be looking at a blueberry?  Close, but not quite.  It’s a Saskatoon Berry. 

While we were in Battleford, Momma and Dad went to the visitor’s center.  The gal was sharing info and mentioned the Berry Barn in Saskatoon where you can pick berries…and she said they were in season right now…..raspberries, strawberries and Saskatoon berries.  Well, you can’t pick raspberries at the Berry Barn, but you can find raspberries on the bush at Rhode’s Berry Farm. 

The plan was formed.  An early departure from Battleford so we could get set up in Saskatoon and have time in the afternoon for berry picking. 



The Berry Barn has a restaurant so after a session of picking, the Berry Barn would be the next stop for a late lunch/early dinner.



I was rather excited when Momma got back to the rig.  She had the bowls and the pie pan out.  Just check out those lovely berries that would soon become a pie.



 I’m READY!   But all I see is an empty cooling rack.  Come on pie…finish baking!


Well, I’ll be.  With Uncle Robin, Aunt Janice, Momma and Dad ALL eating pie, I was sure I would hit the big pay load.  But alas, one lousy bite of crust was all that was offered…..and I had my best sad, brown eyes on too.  Am I losing my touch or was the pie too good to share?  I’m just hoping that pie doesn’t go in the refrigerator so I can sneak my own HUGE piece.

Hickory

…..on the road again

No comments:

Post a Comment