Friday, June 23, 2017

Palmer and Anchorage

It was travel day again today....heading south toward Anchorage but stopping in Palmer, Ak.  I was the first one loaded up and ready to hit the road.  Maybe I should ask Dad about installing a seat belt for me.  There is construction on the highway and a need for more repairs for some of the dips and bumps in the Denali area, but Dad is getting good a spotting the irregularities and going slow makes for an easy ride over the frost heaves.  The further south we headed, the smoother the road.




It was a good day for moose spotting.  We saw a total of  4 today. This guy was kind enough to be grazing along the roadside.


These two were knee deep in the water


Shortly after arriving in Palmer and getting set up, we headed for Anchorage and the Best Buy store.  We were on a mission.  On one of our stops, after one of those unsettling trips, Dad's laptop was  attacked by a falling jar of my peanut butter.  The peanut butter jar survived without any signs of trauma.  I can't say the same for Dad's laptop.  It totaled his screen....thus the mission to locate a replacement laptop.


Not only did we locate a laptop, we located a bag of my dog food.  I was beginning to worry as my food bag was getting pretty light.  I had heard all the stories about limited supplies but M & D knew enough to make the purchase in Anchorage where there are plenty of shops, stores and just about anything you want or need.  And the price for the big bag was only $1 higher than we normally pay.

Friends we know who reside in Arizona are also touring Alaska this summer and happen to be in Palmer right now as well.  I haven't gotten my hug yet but M & D stopped by to see them and made plans for the following day.

Hickory
.......on the road again

No comments:

Post a Comment