Thursday, June 4, 2015

Momma's Muffins

Wednesday was travel day from Chattanooga to Nashville.  It was a rather short pull...under 150 miles....and then with the time change to consider...from Eastern to Central time, we had a laid back morning.  I mean to tell you, I thought they would never get going.  It didn't matter to me, I loaded up about an hour early.  If they wanted to dilly dally around, that was up to them.  I was in travel mode and read to roll.
Our campsite has a nice picnic table and with the nice weather...just a tad cooler than we are used to....everyone decided on lunch outside.  Momma was warming up some of that super Creamy Chicken Gnocchi soup she makes and she had some of those fantastic Amish Muffins all on a plate on the counter under the microwave. 
Man, I couldn't have planned it any better.  Jack came to the door, to ask a question,  Momma turned her back on the counter, and I went into stealth mode.  She hadn't even cut those BIG muffins in half yet. One quick grab and I had a WHOLE muffin.  I took it to MY carpet where I have been taught to enjoy my snacks so I don't get crumbs all over the floor and began savoring every mouthful.  Talk about melt in your mouth.  I mean, that muffin just slid between my teeth and down my throat in record time. 
AND THEN Momma turned around.  She is VERY observant and it didn't take her long to ask that dreaded question in her stern, teacher voice, "Hickory Hime, what did you do?"  Well, that sure got Dad's attention and then he had to know what I had done.  Duh.....I enjoyed some of Momma's muffins, of course.  When opportunity arrives..........  Come on Dad.  You've told me often how great they are and YOU don't ALWAYS share with me.  Okay, maybe I should have saved a morsel for you.  But there are plenty more on the plate.  Just have one of your own.
Man, is this a great day or what?
Hickory

No comments:

Post a Comment