Monday, June 1, 2015

Oh My!!

When we pulled into Fair Harbor RV Park, I spied a big Class A with some of that yellow caution tape near the front door.  "Oh no", I thought, "Jerry and Tommy have been here."  But then I realized that there wasn't enough caution tape to be one of their jobs/pranks.  Just one lone strip across the entrance door.  Not yards and yards....ribbons and ribbons of yellow tape. 
Strange.... And then I took another look. OH MY The windows are all burnt out and busted.






Just look at all that black smudge that the fire left behind. 
Well, the story is...... a couple from Canada were luckily awakened at 2 am to the smell of hot rubber and  had time to bail out of their rig.  Their rig had just been in the shop for the Norcold refrigerator recall repair a month ago.  The recall repair was unsuccessful as you can see!!  Now that's scary.  The fire just gutted the interior before the first responders could put it out.
I'm sure glad I have a good nose and a loud bark but I will probably never have to take action.  Dad installed a fire extinguisher in the back of our refrigerator. https://squareup.com/market/fire-and-life-safety .  The price may look a tad high, but Dad says I'm worth every penny. He wants to keep my gorgeous coat shiny and soot free.
All the fire extinguishers on Mac the Fire Guy's website are very effective.  I watch a demo using the extinguisher that came with our rig .....which didn't put out the fire Mac started....and then Mac's extinguisher that smothered that fire in no time......and it didn't reignite.  Plus, there is no residual white foamy mess afterward that you get with the cheapie, minimally effective extinguishers.  My Dad was smart to make his purchase...but then, my Dad always practices preventive practices.
Did you know that he replaced one of our slide cables just before we headed out?  He said it looked frayed and he would rather swap it out at home...close to his workshop...rather than on the road in one of the many states we will be traveling in. 
I sure like traveling with my Dad.  He even opened his wallet and FINALLY bought a new truck so we shouldn't have any breakdowns on this trip!!  It sure rides nice!  I even have my own AC control in the backseat.
Dad is still trying to figure out all the buttons and settings on the dash.  Momma just laughs and says something about 'teaching an old dog new tricks'. 
Hickory

No comments:

Post a Comment