Tuesday, June 16, 2015

What a fun day.  I got to spend the WHOLE day with Momma and Dad....but I must say, it sure started EARLY...as in 5 am.  Momma and Dad were both out of bed and in packing up mode.  After we hooked up, we stopped at the dump station to empty our tanks...yep, our site had only water and electric last night. No sewer at the site.  By 7 am we were at the Open Range Repair Factory so we could get our gray tank valve repaired.  I got to explore with Momma and Dad because we left the rig in the repair bay.  I wasn't sure where we were headed, but I knew we were on an important mission.  Ah ha!  The Pickle Store in Fremont....but we were too early and the store was still closed.  Now I have to admit, we were ALL tired from our early morning wake up so Dad pulled the truck over to the far corner of the parking lot under the shade tree, rolled down the windows and we all settled in for a little shut-eye....until..... what is all that noise?  I peeked my head out the window and there he was riding round in circles cutting grass.  I was just getting into a really great dream.  Well, my dream turned into a real life nightmare.  You see, Dad took us about 5 miles down the road and all of a sudden we were being attacked by these noisy, wet blue strips that were beating on our truck.  Did I mention how noisy they were as they were coming at us?  I wanted to get in the front seat with Momma but she just reached over the seat, gave me a few strokes and told me everything was fine.  Dad was just tired of driving a dirty truck from all the rain and road grime.  Now as if that wasn't enough, I was threatened by a HUGE sucking hose.  Dad was really serious about this clean truck business!!
Our other stops were much calmer.  Dad purchased a whole box of Sechler's Sweet Heat Mixed Pickles and boy was he smiling.  It was an outlet store and the prices were exactly what he likes to see.....cheap!!
We had a picnic lunch outside the Bulk Food store.  And later a coffee break stop at a place named Rise N Roll.  Dad had the best looking snack to go with his coffee and would you believe I didn't even get a smell?  All I got were my standby cookie bones. Golly gee, all I've heard is how fantastic, light, melt in your mouth the donuts are from Rise N Roll, but I still can't verify from personal experience.  Dad was too stingy today.  
We didn't head for Monroe, Michigan until after 4 pm as they had quite a time with the valves plus they replace a slide cable and made another minor repair.  I am so glad Momma made reservations for Camp Lord Willing.  They are FULL!  Momma said there was a guy who arrived in the area to attend a funeral.  He could only stay one night as all the sites have been reserved and he has to leave tomorrow morning.  We have a nice long back-in site and everyone is super friendly here!!  I think I'm going to like our 3 night stay.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment