Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The good, the bad, and the ugly

Well, Momma said to tell it all....the good.......well, we are still on schedule.  The bad.....let's see, do I begin with Dad opening the cupboard door, leaving it open and Momma running her head into it. OUCH! Or maybe I should begin with getting ready to go out for my morning walk.  Momma opened up another cupboard to get out my pretty colored, scented, poop collection bags and got beamed on the head with the BIG umbrella.  Or maybe just get on to the major issue of the morning...."What do you mean the gray water tank won't open up to dump?" 
Dad got out his travel creeper.....a throw rug to keep him off the ground...and crawled under the rig to investigate the issue.  It seems the cable that controls the valve to the gray water tank pulled out.  No more control over the gray water tank valve.  Time for a new part.
Ah, what luck!  An Open Range dealer just a few miles away.  Dad gave them a call and the next thing I knew, Momma was securing the inside for travel and Dad was breaking down the outside items.  They sure have this packing up routine down to a science.  That was so quick, I almost didn't have time to gather myself off my favorite rug and trot on out to the backseat of the truck.
Not only do they have packing up down to a science, they are getting real good at U-turns.  Yup, missed a turn and had to head back the other way.  Sure is a good thing churches have huge parking lots to turn around in!!  But then the real challenge came when the address was wrong and they wound up on a dead end street.  I'm glad Dad is soooo good at backing up to get turned around.  Now wouldn't you think with all the challenges getting to the RV dealership that things would go smoothly when they arrived?  What, you don't have that part in stock????  Dad was flabbergasted!!  What really hurts is he is sure he has a part at home in his shop. 
Well, anyway, the tech was able to get the valve opened and the secondary valve further down the line that Dad had installed eons ago will keep the gray water from dumping on the ground until he releases that valve.  Yep, we are good to go until we can get to a location with the part.  Back on schedule once again.
So instead of touring in the morning, everyone headed out in the afternoon to tour while I just snoozed away after all the morning excitement. 
Now as for the ugly......that was how I felt when they returned with a BIG take home box.....aren't they really called 'Doggie bags'?  Hey, I'm the dog here.  Don't put that in the refrigerator.  You are making me feel ugly about all this!!  I'm sure I'd love Sugar's BBQ ribs as much as you did.  Just give me a chance here.
It sure turned out to be an interesting day with lots of unplanned events!!  I wish those door latches on the refrigerator weren't so far off the floor.
Hickory

No comments:

Post a Comment