Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Lots of brown, rocks and sand

It's a good thing I'm used to peeing on rocks.  There is a lack of lush green in this area. The campground in Van Horn, Texas was gravel with a nice patio pad.


The view from the dining room window over the campground fence is a typical view over the last couple of days.
The view as we traveled down the road was very brown looking but had interesting mountain views in the distance as we zipped over the flat land with mild grades.





Until we drove through El Paso...


And on into New Mexico.  

We are currently in Deming, New Mexico at an RV park that looks very similar to our last park but without the cement patio pad.  We are also now on Mountain Time.  Does that mean I get to eat earlier?

Momma said it isn't all brown here as the cactus are blooming.


There are also pecan orchards that look well maintained and irrigated. 
Hey, Momma just made Raspberry Streusel Muffins for coffee break on trip day tomorrow.  
Would somebody PLEASE distract her before she seals them up in plastic?  I really am not fond of plastic but I LOVE Momma's muffins.  I heard Dad tell her to be sure to make a flavor that I didn't like.  Ha!  Fat chance of that happening!!

Hickory
......on the road again

2 comments:

  1. I remember when we first met you in Billings, Mt that your Momma came by and gave us a loaf of her famous bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a few years ago. If we meet up in Alaska, I'll have to see if Hickory will let me share some goodies. When are you crossing the border?

      Delete