Monday, May 1, 2017

Whew! I didn't blow away

I was so glad when I went out for my morning squat that the wind had died down to a tolerable level.  Yesterday I just knew at any moment my feet were going to lift off the ground and I'd be floating like a balloon on a string.  Hang tight on my leash Dad, I thought.

The RV Park owner said we are no longer in Texas Hill Country.  We are now in Texas Desert.  Not much moisture so not much foliage to keep the sand from blowing.
Just check out the crud showing on Uncle Robin's truck.  Thank goodness our Open Range has a color that semi-camouflages the dust, dirt and grime.  What that means is, up close it may look dirty but from a distance or in a picture it's not as bad due to the lack of contrast of darker vehicles.

Travel day again today.  Fort Stockton really doesn't have much to offer other than the big Roadrunner in the downtown square and a small museum...both of which have been seen a couple of times.
Time to move further west.
Ready to roll...

Departing Hilltop RV..

Nice blue skies for travel...






Different looking landscape for Floridians to view.....



With the winds at bay, Momma took the wheel.  She said it was the boring type of driving with straight stretches of road rolling out in front of you.


Tonight will be another layover in Van Horn...just a quick one nighter.  I must admit, these are good napping roads.  No bumps, dips and divots as we experiences on I-10 in Louisiana.  No sharp turns.  No big hills.  Just a few gentle elevation changes that the Ram walks right up and down.

Without the wind today, I even got to enjoy my dog bone snacks in the beautiful outdoors at coffee time.  It just doesn't get any better!

Hickory
....on the road again

1 comment: