Monday, May 1, 2017

The Rest of the Story

Momma said if I was going to tell the muffin tale, I needed to tell the whole story...even if it isn't quite so pleasant a tale.

On the travel day when I ate the 3 muffins, having to tear open the heavy duty freezer plastic bag...what a struggle but well worth it for sure..... we stopped midday for some lunch.  Now it was a horrible, windy, gusty, nasty weather day for being outside.  Dad pulled into an Exon travel station....the one that tried to rip Momma off and that looked just plain groaty..... to top off the tank and grab some lunch.  M & D decided to make sandwiches and eat IN the rig due to the killer winds.  No way were they going to even stick a toe in that restaurant.

Now I must admit, I was REALLY thirsty after my muffin binge so the first thing I did was gulp some water.  Now I'm not bulimic, I swear to you.  It was just when the water hit the bits of plastic that I had ingested along with the overload of muffins...well....I just couldn't control that involuntary regurgitation that followed.  

Dad told me I have got to get better aim.  I should have tossed the muffins on a throw rug or the vinyl flooring but instead, I hit the carpet in the bedroom doorway.  Momma made me promise...no pics. Sorry readers.  She said you may have the same reaction I did!

Actually, I didn't think it was that bad.  They didn't use a WHOLE roll of paper towels....close....but there were still a few sheets left.  And I realize that they hadn't had time to enjoy their sandwiches for lunch yet and my actions did nothing positive for their appetites.  Hey, if I had been a bit quicker, I probably could have saved them from any desire to even make the sandwiches. But the sandwiches were already made and my stomach was now empty so I had to put on my best pleading act to secure even the smallest of tidbit handouts.  Go figure...  
And now you know the rest of the story...as disgusting and embarrassing as the tale was.

Hickory
.....on the road again




No comments:

Post a Comment