Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Central Time

We made a pit stop on our way to DeFuniak Springs.  Dad was talking to a guy who was trying to 'rain on our parade'.  When he heard we were heading for Alaska, his first words were, "I hope you have lots of spare tires.  I mean more than one!"  WELL, Momma said he was probably traveling with China bombs and told me not to worry because we do have more than one spare with us. And we are traveling on GOOD tires to begin with.  She reminded me that Dad ALWAYS practices preventive maintenance. 

I guess you could look at the last mile of this leg of our trip as a preparation for Alaska.  Olgesbee Road is a dirt road with a rolling, steep grade hill midway and a posted 15 mph.  Yes, Frasier's land is considered 'country setting' and it is gorgeous territory.  Complete with wild life when they choose to make an appearance. Check out my view from my front door.
I didn't see any deer early this morning....maybe tomorrow.  I know they are out there.  I wouldn't hurt them.  Momma says I should be nice and quiet as this is their land we are visiting.

The last time we were here, Bob and Kathy were with us in their rig.  Their sewer line was a long run of pvc pipe laying above the ground.  Well, today's project is RV Site improvement.  The 'poop ride' is getting buried.


Hickory








No comments:

Post a Comment