Thursday, April 13, 2017

Smokin' Hickory

Well, Dad finally did it....or should I say Momma did.  You see, every time Dad got out our grill, we would wind up with 'warm, uncooked meat' that we would finish off on someone else's grill.  Dad tore the grill apart, cleaned it up and thought now we're cookin' only to discover the only improvement was the shine to the grill...not the heat quality.
Well, the day before we left home a BIG box arrived with pieces and parts that Momma ordered.  Now luckily, the Big Brown Truck came early in the day so Dad had lots of time to create a sharp looking grill out of that mess.


Oh my, what smells come from this grill.

You see, this isn't just a grill....it also has a small tray for wood chips and a third knob for a smoking setting.  Wouldn't you know, Momma picked up some wood chips that share my name...but I KNOW I don't smell anything like those Hickory chips of wood as they are steaming/burning in the smoking tray.

I was just dying to get my teeth on a WHOLE, big, juicy burger all to myself, but alas, it was not meant to be.  Just a sample is all I was treated to, but I savored that hickory smoked chunk of meat.  I can't wait until the next time I see that grill come out of the bay storage.
Hickory
....on the road again..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment