Sunday, April 30, 2017

Travel Day ...the Rally is over

Today was travel day.  I already knew because Momma had told me last night so I wasn't surprised to see the TV being strapped/belted, the chairs being turned so the slides could pass by, the shower door being locked and my water dish emptied.  I was READY.

I must say I was VERY surprised when they went out the door and told me to I had to stay.  At that point, the slides had been pulled in and the truck was hooked up.  'Hey, what's with this?  What do you mean you'll be back?  I always ride in the back seat...the WHOLE back seat to myself!  I'm ready to leave this rig and hop in my seat.'

I have to admit, I was pretty nervous.  This was not standard procedure.  We usually leave as soon as the truck is hooked up. Now where could they have gone?  I suppose they are off giving hugs and goodbyes to all the other Open Range Owners.  After all, we are at a rally.  They are probably even enjoying coffee and donuts.  I think I read something about that on the program sheet.

Well, I must say, I did some pacing on what was left of the open floor space and I kept passing by the bread basket sitting on the floor.  Momma always puts things on the floor when traveling rather than having them slide off and onto the floor during the trip.  

What is that?  Something is permeating through the plastic bag.  It smells like those banana nut muffins Momma made yesterday so they would have a mid trip snack when we stop for coffee break. Now go figure.  They are on the floor.....and not far from my food dish.  Do you suppose Momma left them for me?  Maybe if I have one it will settle my nerves a bit. After all, there are 3 muffins.  Do you think I"ll be in trouble with just one?  It's like eating mine early...before coffee break stop....as if they would give me my own muffin....

Okay, so I got a bit carried away.  If they didn't want me to eat 3 muffins, they should have returned sooner.  I wonder if I should hide all this leftover plastic?  I am rather neat....as I cleaned up every crumb!

Well, I know I'll be riding on a FULL belly today as we head further west on I-10 to Fort Stockton.

Hickory
.....on the road again

No comments:

Post a Comment