Saturday, April 8, 2017

Day 2: Off to Alaska but still enjoying Florida

I kind of like this Florida weather with the wind ruffling thru my fur and the sun shining on my back.  We are at a GREAT location with lots of Oak trees overhead.  You can always count the acorns as they drop/plop on the roof instead of counting sheep, but truthfully, all I need is a good belly rub after a day of doggy treats and I sleep well.  Dad doesn't have any problem napping as well.  He's sawing a few zzz's right now (cat nap)  getting ready for the next weekend activity to begin.  I guess he is recouping from all the aggravation and stress.

Yes, even though the day began with the smell of bacon sizzling in the pan, followed by scrumptious scrambled eggs after a good night's rest and the promise of a relaxing, carefree day the aggravation began as the last breakfast dish was dried.  You see, Dad walked over to the tank sensor SeeLevel monitors to see how full the tanks were (grey gathers the dish and shower water while black gathers the toilet water) and......@#$^$$#** .  No readings/lights/numbers on the monitor.  Okay, so Dad had had the panel right below pulled out the other day and maybe he jarred a wire loose.  He grabbed his tools and the troubleshooting began.  Nope, not a wire issue.  He unplugged the monitor panel and carried it over to his computer and began research.  The next thing I knew, he was disgusted leaving a message rather than speaking with a human.  ARGGGH!!  I told him to just give me a cookie bone and chill.  No sooner than that, the phone rang and Dad was grinning.  'SeeLevel returning your call'
By the end of the call, Dad was all smiles and the lights/numbers/readings on the monitor were operating normally.  The tech suggested that the bad T-storm we had the other night might have interfered with the sensors.  His suggestion was to unplug the monitor for a few minutes and plug it back in....sort of a 'reboot' I guess.  Whatever it was, it did the trick and I got two more doggie treats as Dad sat back with another cup of relaxing coffee.  Life is good!!

The afternoon was definitely a success as Mom was on the winning team at her card playing team and Dad was on the crushing, winning team at his table.  Time for some positives.












Now I must say, I was a tad disappointed when Momma and Dad returned from dinner out at Papa Joe's with their camping friends....22 seated at 3 tables.....with doggie bags that passed by me so fast into the refrigerator that I didn't even get a decent sniff.  Must have been a good dinner.  Guess I'll have to wait until it is leftover night and use my baby, brown eyes to get my share of the leftovers.  I've had lots of practice so I'm confident I'll be enjoying Papa Joe's soon!!  But just maybe I shouldn't be in such a hurry to try out the goodies.  I heard Momma talking to Rosemary who was looking at this door in the restaurant.

Now the thing that bothered Rosemary was the fact that all the food trays were coming out this door.  Yep, that sign above the door really says 'Restroom'!  Hmmm.....
Hickory

No comments:

Post a Comment