Monday, April 17, 2017

NOLA

I didn't get to go into NOLA...New Orleans, Louisiana, but I have been on duty, guarding the rig at Bayou Signet State Park in Westwego, La just over the big bridge that crosses the Mississippi River.  I haven't let a single armadillo or rabbit get too close. 

Momma and Dad have been having way too much fun in the 'Big Easy'.  They were entertained and fed at a cooking class.  This time they went to Crescent City Cooks.  The gal wielding the roux spoon was a language arts teacher for 17 years in a middle school until this past October when she found her 'dream job'.  You can tell she sure enjoys cooking and sharing her knowledge!!  She learned it all from her grandma.

deep brown roux turned into chicken fricassee below



Check out the overhead projection screen.

The chicken fricassee was to die for....according to Dad.  I didn't even get a sniff.  I would have even enjoyed the shrimp creole I think, although I have never tried shrimp before.  Dad did bring home a praline that he wolfed down without a thought of me. But I made him feel guilty with my baby brown eyes and I did get some 'cookie bones' at coffee break. Ahhh...I have him trained well.  Coffee and 'cookie bones'  ALWAYS go together.  I'm so glad Dad enjoys lots of coffee!!

Hickory
....on the road again


No comments:

Post a Comment