Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Texas Welcome...where everything is bigger...including the ants

Dad drove in the rain today....sometimes just a sprinkle and sometimes a bit heavier...but never reaching torrential state.   With the rough roads (good ole I-10 as soon as we crossed the state border into Texas), construction and damp roads, it wasn't what you could call an ideal traveling day.  Dad really had to stay focused.....rather tiring for sure.  
On a positive note:
1.  Our nose was clean and bug-less unlike Monday's mess
yep, love bugs
2. We didn't have to set up in the rain as it held off when we arrived at the RV park

BUT unfortunately, our welcome was a bit too aggressive as far as Dad was concerned. Oh yes, the fire ants gave him a very aggressive welcome.  He didn't notice the hill of ants right below the bay door until they jumped on him, gave the signal and all attacked at once.  Ouch!!  I was glad to be waiting in the back seat of the Dodge while Momma and Dad juggled the cords, hoses and ants.

Today was a great day for me for sure.  When they let me climb up the steps and enter the 5er, I noticed that my treat bowl was still resting on the floor where it had been placed for the bumpy ride. I didn't bother to wait for Dad to make his coffee.  I started coffee break without him.  Yum!!  Self serve works for me😋💜💜💜

Hickory
....on the road again

No comments:

Post a Comment