Sunday, April 9, 2017

Day 4: Great Campout

I must admit, I've got a huge smile today.  What a send off this morning!  I think I had a better breakfast than Momma and Dad combined.  They were lined up at the door of the truck to send me off with goodies in my belly.  YUM!!  I LOVE my GTS friends.  They sure know how to make a 4-legged friend feel loved and cherished.  Bring it on ladies!!!  Treats and pats on the head.   I think if I had rolled over, they would have scrubbed my belly as well but I was in travel mode and ready to roll.  Let's get the engine humming Dad.
Well, we are further north tonight, but haven't gotten on I-10 yet.  Tomorrow we arrive at Dad's high school friend's to spent a few days in DeFuniak Springs.  More good times ahead.

Now the question is, will the good times ahead be able to compete with all the great memories created this past weekend at the GTS campout?
Have you ever seen a more gorgeous array of Easter Bonnets....created on the fly with whatever happened to be handy.  As you can see, Dad was a good sport and filled in so Momma could snap the shot.  The gals loved his spirit!! 
And we can't forget the birthday celebration..........hey, I didn't even get any b'day cake.  Don't you know I LOVE cake....well, truthfully........ I love ALL people food.
And then there were all the games played: card bingo, hand 'n foot, pegs and jokers, dirty uno, unwrap the treasure ball.  They say laughter is healthy and Momma said this was a VERY 'healthy' weekend as they had too many laughs to count!!  She said it just doesn't get any better😉 

Hickory



No comments:

Post a Comment